How To Qualify
Applications are to be completed by each applicant who is 18 years
of age or older. An applicant must pay a non-refundable fee for verification of
information. The fee is $100.00 per individual. Any omissions or falsifications
may result in the rejection of an application or termination of a lease. We are
looking for generally positive information in the following areas:
1. Credit Check - An unsatisfactory credit report, which reflects
current bad debts, unpaid bills, liens, or judgments without resolution or
recent bankruptcy information, may disqualify an applicant. If rejected for any
of these reasons, you will be informed of the name and address of the
credit-reporting agency from which the information was obtained. The contents
of the credit report will not be revealed, per Federal law, but you are
encouraged to obtain a copy from the reporting agency to check for current or
erroneous information. An applicant may correct the information found in the
credit report and re-submit the application if so desired. A re-submitted
application will be subject to the availability of the property originally
2. Source of Income and Income to Rent Ratio - Applicant should
have a net income (after taxes and deductions) of 2.5 times the rent amount with
a reasonable debt-to-income ratio. Income received from sources other than a
salary (i.e. alimony, child support) may be subject to verification if used as
part of the total income picture. If an applicant is self-employed, written
verification of two previous years' income must be provided. For landlords that
accept Section 8 (or related programs) a voucher from the housing authority
that services the subject property will be considered. Unemployment benefits
are not considered qualifying income in that these payments are temporary and
do not continue for the length of the lease.
3. Residence/Eviction History - Present and previous resident
histories should show a record of prompt payment, notice given (if required),
and nothing in default. It should be noted that an inquiry into previous
resident history might include questions about pet behavior or noise complaints
in addition to rent payment.
4. Automatic Disqualifiers:
• Applicants with an open bankruptcy
• Applicants in the process of being evicted
• Applicants that are registered sex offenders
• Applicants with credit scores below 550
• Applicants with income of less than 3 times the amount of their
monthly net income
An applicant with an unacceptable background screening may try to
overcome having an application denied by increasing the amount of the security
deposit offered or by providing a co-signor for the lease. If a co-signer is
required, they must live within the same state at the property being applied
for, complete an application, and submit the application fee. The co-signor
must have a credit score of 640 or higher, live within the same state as the
property, and have enough additional income to support the co-signer’s current
residence in addition to the applicant’s rent. A co-signer will be fully
responsible for the lease if the occupying resident defaults.
PROCEDURES AND POLICIES
• Once approved, the deposit must be received in our office within 48
hours to secure the unit. The unit will continue to be marketed and shown
we receive said deposit.
• All deposits & rent must be paid in money order or cashier’s
check only. No cash or personal checks will be accepted.
• Once deposit is received, the property will be held for a maximum of
two (2) weeks.
• The Security deposit IS NOT the last month’s rent, nor will be
applied as such.
• Pets MUST be approved by lessor, even after signing a lease
agreement & after move in.
• Pet fee is required.
Pet Fees are as follows.
• $250-$500per per
• Maximum of (2) pets in apartments and maximum of (2)
pets in single family homes.
ADDITIONAL PROCEDURES AND POLICIES
• NET INCOME SHOULD BE THREE (3) TIMES THE RENTAL AMOUNT
• RENT PUNCTUALITY: DUE PROMPTLY EACH MONTH ON TH FIRST (1ST)
• NUMBER OF RESIDENTS: NO MORE THAN TWO (2) PER BEDROOM
• ABSOLUTELY NO ILLEGAL DRUGS, AUTOMATIC GROUNDS FOR TERMINATION